The Study in the Czech Republic initiative serves as the official national guide to Czech higher education. The initiative is managed by the Centre for International Cooperation in Education (DZS), a semi-budgetary organisation established by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. DZS is responsible for a number of international programmes, including Erasmus+ , and carries out activities relating to the promotion of Czech Republic as a study destination.
DZS supports Czech higher education institutions in their internationalisation efforts. The aim of our webinar is to support cooperation efforts between Russian and Czech higher education institutions by providing an overview of existing initiatives as well as opportunities. Our webinar is therefore intended especially for representatives of Russian higher education institutions interested in finding new partners among Czech institutions and learning about opportunities under the Erasmus+ and other international programmes.
During the webinar we will cover the following topics:
- past cooperation between Czech and Russian higher education institutions (including information on past Erasmus Mundus partnerships e.g. „IAMONET-RU - International Academic Mobility Network with Russia“ and Tempus projects e.g. project „Enhancement of Biotechnology curriculum at Masters level in Russian Universities“);
- current projects and opportunities (including Erasmus+ Credit Mobility, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Programmes, Erasmus+ Capacity Building projects, International Visegrad Fund, Czech-Russian intergovernmental agreement);
- student and staff mobility statistics between Czech Republic and Russia;
- overview of Czech higher education institutions and study programmes in Czech, English, Russian and other foreign languages;
- scholarship opportunities;
- Summer Schools of Slavonic Studies;
- programme to support the Czech cultural heritage abroad;
- services of the Study in the Czech Republic initiative;
- services of the Czech Centre Moscow.
What are your tasks with regards to cooperation with Russian universities?
The Spanish Service for the Internationalization of Education (SEPIE) is the National Agency for the new programme Erasmus+ in the field of Education and Training (2014-2020). It also has within its objectives to enhance the international image of the Spanish university system and its offer, as well as the mobility of students, teachers and researchers. So according to this objectives, SEPIE promotes cooperation between Spanish and Russian Universities, performing as an interlocutor who facilitates contact and mobility.
What kind of cooperation would you like to offer ?
SEPIE offers prospective Russian students, teachers or researchers all information needed to do their best choice regarding the study program or academic stay they want to pursue or have. Hence, it addresses to undergraduate and graduate students, teachers and researchers, whether they want to come to Spain for a credit mobility, obtain a degree or undertake any other kind of mobility period in all areas of knowledge.
Language prerequisites vary depending on the studies to be pursued or project to be developed, but in general for programs being taught in Spanish at least a B2 level of Spanish is required. Many Spanish Universities offer also English Taught programs. Requirements vary also from one University to another.
Some examples of best practice with regards to cooperation is SEPIE’s collaboration with the Russian Government sponsored "Global Education" Scholarship Program for which SEPIE has contributed to the mobility of a greater number of scholars towards Spanish Universities, through different interventions such as a Webinar or assistance to particular cases to facilitate admission.
Through this Webinar SEPIE would like to encourage prospective Russian students, teachers or researchers who are thinking about coming to Spain by solving their doubts and by offering them all the information they need to do it so.
Topics for the webinar:
- International Credit Mobility based on Mobility Exchange Students Agreement in all fields of study.
We have also applied in the Erasmus+ programme to carry out mobility activities with some Russian Institutions. We are still looking for cooperation partners.
- Cooperation Agreements for Research activities in the following areas of research:
Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Russian language and literature.
Young researchers will work in respective labs when coming on our campus.
We are also looking for joint PhD research projects.
- International Degree mobility at a Master level for students who already obtained a Bachelor Degree abroad and wish to enrol in our Master Degree at the University of Salerno.
Applicants will be selected by an Academic Committee. Students selected will get free accommodation on Campus for two years.
Links where to find information: