The International Master’s program in Applied Computer Science addresses the challenges of current technologies and provides the skills and the knowledge which are necessary for the design, the development and the operation of complex and distributed systems as they are common today. The Master’s program especially focuses on the following areas:
(1) Distributed and Mobile Systems,
(2) Knowledge Engineering and Data Science,
(3) Software Engineering and
(4) Communication Technologies and Security.
Students acquire expertise on these fields and advanced technologies like the internet of things or Industrie4.0.
The Master’s program enables students to find an excellent position in industrial software development or post-graduate reasearch. Main characteristics and requirements for the program are:
(1) Two years program
(2) 120 Credit points (ECTS)
(3) Requires a Bachelor degree in computer science or related subject
(4) Taught in English (good knowledge of English required)
(5) Program starts: October 2018
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2018 (see homepage for actual date): https://www.hs-schmalkalden.de/studium/studienangebot-hs-schmalkalden/master-studiengaenge/applied-computer-science-msc.html
The University of Schmalkalden is building on a long tradition of scientific teaching and research. It is situated near the historic city of Schmalkalden in the center of Germany.